Sunday, October 7, 2007

Tiny Updates


Woo-hoo! Friday night we came home to find the Dept. of Homeland Security / USCIS has given us our biometrics appointments! Which, by the way, is just a fancy word for 'scan of your fingerprints', as far as I can tell. How nice. Our government has gone to an inkless system to fight the terrorism that is adoptive families.

In other, but not baby related news (we do have to have some other hobbies), Brad and I decided to take the motorcycle out for a spin yesterday with some friends, since the day was so unusually nice for October. This is what happens when you let Brad lead the ride:



Yes, that is sweet sweet Tallulah Belle covered up to her saddle bags in mud. If we had been sitting on her in the picture, you would have seen we were covered, too. Apparently road construction season + lots of rain the days before = Brad going through puddles/potholes at 40mph. By the way, it is only I who call her 'Tallulah'... Brad insists his bikes don't have names. Well, I guess that is an issue he should bring up with Tallulah, now, isn't it?

And lastly, a huge congratulations to my big bro for passing the bar! If I had a cute picture of us as kiddos on my computer, I would embarrass you and post it on here... but alas, digital technology was nil back in the good 'ole days, and I haven't gotten with the times and bought a scanner. But, anyways, congrats! One day lawyer, next day El Presidente'. Viva la revolution! Think hard about my advice of wearing flip flops to your swearing in ceremony- it is best to separate yourself from the herd as soon as possible. All my love- your sis.

No comments: