Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Beyond Measure

There of course is a lot of wants and wishes in life. Such as, I wish all my family members were able to share the same good health I enjoy. Or, I wish the Ethiopian courts moved faster. Then there is the normal ‘everyone wants’ – like world peace, more money, a life-time supply of diet mountain dew always at your disposal – But even with all these wants and wishes, I am feeling very grateful and fortunate this season. So, for Thanksgiving, I’d like to share just a few of the things I am most grateful in my life:

- My wonderful husband who puts up with my crazy, tries very hard to see where I am coming from, and can always make me laugh.
- For parents who loved and supported me as a kid, and although one may be a little kooky at times, they still love and support me as an adult.
- For a sister who understands me, will listen to me, loves unconditionally, and is so much fun to be around. Besides the fact that she is so excited about our child, I am afraid she may try to move into the nursery when the little guy comes home. You’ll be the best Auntie!
- For a brother who although is obviously much smarter than I, he never makes me feel stupid when we try and talk politics, current events, or religion.
- For Skippy reduced fat creamy peanut butter. Could eat it every day.
- My extended family, including Brad’s, who make me smile whenever I see them – I cherish you all.
- My unbelievable group of friends. The old ones, who life sometimes gets in the way of and it can be months before we talk – but when we do we can pick up like it was just yesterday; and the new ones, who I look forward to one day becoming old friends. That is, so it can be months before we talk :) Kidding!
- Access to clean water, medicine when I need it, food when I am hungry, a roof over my head, and a stable job. All lumped together.
- For the freedom to believe what I want to believe, and live the way I want to live.
- My cat, Fischer, who is like a little warm fuzzy alarm clock. Okay, I could do without the morning meowing. But, for everything else about him, I am grateful.
- That our friends M. & J. just received a referral for an adorable little 3 yr old boy – he has the most soulful eyes! I love families being formed – congrats again!
- For the ability to go through with the adoption process. It may sound hokey- but I am a changed person.
- For Granny’s cheese ball recipe. May a holiday never pass without a cheese ball to celebrate. Yum!

For all this and so much more, I am thankful.

Peace,
beth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boo, I'm thankful for you.
Happy thanksgiving. Gobble, gobble.