Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Getting Better

Doctor's prognosis is a double ear infection and a little wheeze in the lungs. Miserable for the toddler (and us - believe me), but I think she'll pull through. They sent us home with a nebulizer machine, which she sat through wonderfully for the first full day of treatment:


Then, she woke up the next morning and decided she was never going to do it again. Nevermind that it obviously helped her breathe better. Nevermind it only took 10 minutes at a time out of her day. Nevermind that I let her watch cartoons while we did it. Nope. She was definetely NEVER DOING IT AGAIN - and made that fact abundantly clear. She would tense up if we even walked near the machine. Brad had to call the doctor this morning to get the medicine in liquid form instead, even though it is not as effective, but 'less effective' medicine is better than 'no medicine'. By the way, I just noticed my pants in the above picture is the exact same shade as the couch cover. Good to know - it may come in useful as camaflouge in the future when I need to (momentarily) hide from a certain sticky fingered toddler.

Peace.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

I just sent you a long email about nebulizing. Your pictures reminded me of one hint. Take off the green rubber band that holds the face mask on. It will give her more control... try letting her hold it herself, while watching cartoons. (At a really loud volume)Good luck, Nebulizing a toddler is as hard a riding a bull. Please delete this as soon as you read it. I sound like a FREAK!!!!

Stacy said...

sorry she's sick, poor girl, what a way to start your life together! My aunt deb a. works with one of you. I hope things are getting better. Stacy (momma to Lucy, who also uses the nebulizer)