Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Annual Zoo Trip

Every year around my birthday I like to drag Brad with me to the Como Park Conservatory and Zoo to take pictures of the flowers. You can imagine how I excited I was this year, with the new camera and all. So excited, in fact, that I had hatched an evil little plan - I wasn't going to tell our daycare lady we had the day off, and was going to sneak off to the zoo sans the Little One (insert maniacal laugh here). I kept the guilt in check by telling myself we wouldn't even go near the zoo portion of the park, and Tesfu wouldn't enjoy the flowers, right?

I thought I was in the clear, guilt was in check, the date was approaching, when our beloved daycare lady threw us a curveball - she innocently asked if we had MLK, Jr Day off. The guilty conscience took over, and there was no way I could utter the words 'why yes, and we are going to the zoo, but we ain't taken' no babies!' Nope. I fessed up. And Tes did not go to daycare that day. And she did go to the conservatory and zoo with us. And no, I didn't get a whole lot of pictures taken of the flora. But, I did get some extra-adorable pics of the kiddo, my mama guilt was zip, and we had a very good day.










In the classroom

Tesfu

Not Tesfu

Admiring the fish

In this Little One's mind - the absolute best-est part of the zoo.
Though, I have had to field the question of "Why do Simba and Nala have to live at the zoo?" more times then I would have liked since. The answer depends on the moment - today was 'Probably because they played with their food at the dinner table instead of eating!'
Oh yeah. I've got this parenting thing down.
Peace.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Those are EXCELLENT pictures!
Gorgeous!

Coffeybunny said...

Hilarious post! And terrific pictures too.