There was two things I hadn't thought about, though, prior to my snipping frenzy.
1 - Her hair in the back of her head is the driest and most in need of the trim. But, it is also just naturally growing in slower, and it quite a bit shorter than the top and sides - so maybe I should have taken the length in mind when I started trimming instead of the condition of the hair.
2 - Cutting the braids straight across leaves a strange, blunt look.

(Was both the arrow AND the circle necessary? No, probably not. But, since I took the time to figure out how to make marks such as these on my pictures, I felt I should at least make it worth my while and add a few. Justifies the time spent cursing.)
I am going to be honest, I was a tad frightened to see what it was going to look like after I took out the braids this morning and washed it. But, it ain't too bad. Yep, the back is shorter. Yet, it looks a little healthier all around, too, so I guess it isn't too bad of a trade off. Looks like we will just be doing more 'free hair' in the back for awhile until it grows back a little.
Peace.




No comments:
Post a Comment