Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tall Order

We arrived at daycare today to find one happy Little One very anxiously awaiting our arrival. She had something really big to tell us - and was nearly busting at the seams trying to spit it out. What did she so badly want to tell us? Well, you see, one of her daycare buddies just became a big brother a couple days ago, and his momma must have brought the baby in today to show the kids.

Tes' big news? She really wants a baby sibling.
It went something like this :

Tes : I want a baby like (friend's name)!
Brad : Yeah, right. No.
Me : I'll keep that in mind.
Tes : Mom! Dad! This is a real big idea! This will be fun! I want a baby!
Brad : No.
Me : Tes, (friend's Momma) didn't just go get a baby, she had to grow him in her tummy for a long time.
Tes : (Pondering for awhile...) Mommy, my tummy hurts.
Me : It does? We'll eat dinner soon, and it will feel better.
Tes : No, there is a baby in there.

Besides totally confusing her on where exactly babies come from and who can have them - I don't think we've totally put this to rest. She hasn't given up, more just put the argument on hold for the next time she finds another opportunity to attack.


Tell ya' the truth, kiddo, I think maybe your right. It is your father you have to convince. Oh, and the daycare lady who would have to take on another kiddo. And you'll need to get a job. But, if you can tackle those three obstacles, we are well on our way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can have one of ours. Steve is convinced we are having triplets. Ruby is convinced that I'm having a baby, Steve is having a baby, she is having two babies (on in her tummy and one in her right leg), also it appears her teddy bear is pregnant too. So, Tes can have one of our seven.