My little Tesfu still is not back up to her normal self - her constant snot leaking is really dragging her down (oh - and us, too). "Mom! Nose running again!" has become our house's anthem. Well, today Brad started at his new job (yippee!)and I had off for President's Day. So, the mucus leaking kiddo and I had the day to just veg together. And there was crying. All day crying. And she never cries. Sure we have the normal three year old whining, pouting, and occasional tempter tantrums - but never real tears.
So I did a lot of deep breathing and silent counting, we took it easy and for the most part except for some errands that absolutely had to be done. We hung around the house and somehow managed through the day.
By 6:30 I was exhausted, and decided to take full advantage of the fact that Tesfu cannot yet read clocks and declared bedtime a full hour before our normaly scheduled program. As I sat in the dark wishing for her to just fall asleep so I could salvage what was left of the day, she proclaimed :
"I had a funny day with Mommy today. We ate frosties, played outside, and watched the frog movie. I love you! Goodnight!"
You know, you are right, sweetie - it was a good day. Thank you for reminding me.




1 comment:
I did not know Brad got a new job! Where is he working now?
Post a Comment