Sunday, July 5, 2009
Because I just didn't learn my lesson the first time...
On the last holiday that rolled around, we let our Tesfu stay up far too late, and paid a dear price the next day. Why did I think July 4th would be different? Apparently I am slow to learn.
At least she is sleeping now.
It was still a wonderful weekend - In fact Friday was one of the best days I've had for awhile. Brad and I both had the day off of work, so we took Tes to a really fun new (to us) park and out to lunch at my favorite Chinese buffet. Yum! After becoming sufficiently hot and tuckered out from the park, plus full and drowsy from lunch, we all took a nap. It was delightful.
Saturday was a bit of a rollercoaster - A good morning followed by a frustrating afternoon to a good evening at Brad's mom's house to a bummer of a late evening during fireworks (she was not amused by them one bit) and a difficult night. Sleep finally came to Tes around 12:30, but she ended up in our bed not too long after that, anyway. Which never makes for a good sleep for anyone.
Today we all slept in until 8:30 and had a good morning visiting our seriously cute new 2 day old friend Eli with the yamika shaped bruise on his little head (Congrats Lisa & Steve!), but we escalated quickly and rolled into crazy town pretty much right after lunch. And stayed there. Yikes. Let's hope sleep (the magical cure for all that ails a three year old) works it magic again. Or I just may be baking some 'I'm sorry' cookies for the daycare lady in the near future.
Unfortunately I forgot my camera every single place we went this long weekend, so no pics. Ooops!
Some pics are going to be coming up soon of a little sundress I made for Tes - I was tired of none of her dresses covering her behind because she has grown so much since last year, but didn't really want to go out and buy her new dresses. Turned out quite cute, if I do say so myself.
Anyway, this wasn't much of a post, but I am totally wiped out tonight. Seriously, next year if you hear me talking about taking Tes to see fireworks, please slap me upside the head. Honestly. Please. You can refer back to this post if I try to call the cops on you for battery. Tell them I gave you permission on July 5th, 2009, and I am just really slow to learn.
Peace.
At least she is sleeping now.
It was still a wonderful weekend - In fact Friday was one of the best days I've had for awhile. Brad and I both had the day off of work, so we took Tes to a really fun new (to us) park and out to lunch at my favorite Chinese buffet. Yum! After becoming sufficiently hot and tuckered out from the park, plus full and drowsy from lunch, we all took a nap. It was delightful.
Saturday was a bit of a rollercoaster - A good morning followed by a frustrating afternoon to a good evening at Brad's mom's house to a bummer of a late evening during fireworks (she was not amused by them one bit) and a difficult night. Sleep finally came to Tes around 12:30, but she ended up in our bed not too long after that, anyway. Which never makes for a good sleep for anyone.
Today we all slept in until 8:30 and had a good morning visiting our seriously cute new 2 day old friend Eli with the yamika shaped bruise on his little head (Congrats Lisa & Steve!), but we escalated quickly and rolled into crazy town pretty much right after lunch. And stayed there. Yikes. Let's hope sleep (the magical cure for all that ails a three year old) works it magic again. Or I just may be baking some 'I'm sorry' cookies for the daycare lady in the near future.
Unfortunately I forgot my camera every single place we went this long weekend, so no pics. Ooops!
Some pics are going to be coming up soon of a little sundress I made for Tes - I was tired of none of her dresses covering her behind because she has grown so much since last year, but didn't really want to go out and buy her new dresses. Turned out quite cute, if I do say so myself.
Anyway, this wasn't much of a post, but I am totally wiped out tonight. Seriously, next year if you hear me talking about taking Tes to see fireworks, please slap me upside the head. Honestly. Please. You can refer back to this post if I try to call the cops on you for battery. Tell them I gave you permission on July 5th, 2009, and I am just really slow to learn.
Peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I can't wait to see the sundress you made! I'm really impressed, Bufie!
Some day she will like fireworks. Bob had to carry Abi upstairs because she was so scared of the fireworks.
Janice
Post a Comment