Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dear Blog,

Dear Blog,

I must come clean... I've been cheating on you. Please don't cry! Its me, not you.
It is with someone you know. In fact, you share the same dashboard. Yes, it is with 3 people and a cat. Let me explain - I just feel that I, and Tesfanesh, have grown so... and you have not. She is so much more than 'the adopted kid'! But, this is an adoption themed blog, always has been, always should be. It is what you are! Stay true to that.
But, she, she is SO MUCH MORE. She is tenacious, and determined and always thinking. She is kind and hates to see people cry. She knows her ABC's by heart and can almost write TES. At three-and-a-half - and after having to learn a 3rd language in her short little life! I know, she is brilliant. Brilliant and joyous, funny and loving, a dancer and singer at heart who treats us to many a show. She is my unbelievable, fantastic daughter, who happens to be adopted. But, that is not the whole of her identity.

Therefore, the 'adoption' blog - you were so useful when going through the long process - I needed you to vent my worries and frustrations, my hopes and dreams - and to just help process the whole crazy world of international adoption. But now, the process is over. The family is here.

We will always still be growing as an adoptive family - I can't say I've given up on you entirely. I'll still stop in from time to time. Just maybe not with the same frequency I once had.

If you miss me, you can always come visit me over at 3 people and a cat.

All my love,
beth.

No comments: