Saturday, August 1, 2009

happiness is...

Our sleeping woes are well documented. In essence, we started out having to rock Tesfu until she was sleeping to (insert drumroll here)... going to bed all by herself, in her own bed, in her own room. It has taken us over a year to get here, but look how far we've come! She is growing so much, but what it really comes down to - I think she trusts us enough.

It is showing in so many other ways, too. She no longer is continuously (and anxiously) seeking interaction from Brad and I at all times, and can quite contently play and entertain herself. This is seriously huge - and has allowed her imagination to blossom! Also, her level of chatter (repeating over and over to us, "This is my Dad. This is my Mom. I live in a green house with my Mom and Dad. This is Tes' Dad. This is Tes' Mom"...) has decreased significantly.

Not that we weren't happy previously - far from it! But, we are definitely entering a very happy, relaxed stage in our lives together.

It is just unbelievable to watch her grow. We are so blessed.


We love you forever, kiddo. Thank you for working so hard to believe us.

2 comments:

Auntie Kimmie said...

I noticed the other day just how much more imaginative she had become.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I maybe a sappy mom...but I kinda have tears in my eyes. I hope someday your precious little girl will get to read this for herself to understand the love you have for her.