Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tomorrow... Tomorrow... I Love You, Tomorrow!

So, just how much stuff can you possibly pack to travel to Africa? The answer - lots. More than you think you can even navigate through the airports.



Photo Evidence:


In our defence, two of those suitcases are donations to CHS and AHOPE, plus some packages we picked up from CHS to deliver to the children from their waiting families in the states. One of those said packages keeps singing at us... I tried to find the culprit and turn whatever it was off so it would still have some battery power left by the time we landed in Addis - but no such luck. The envelope is tightly sealed. Hope it makes it before the battery dies on us!

We also received the most wonderful update on Tesfanesh yesterday - 18 pages long. It gave a sample of the toddlers' daily schedule, and Tes' temperament, adjustment, and a few likes and dislikes. Oh - and did I mention the pictures?! Cutest darn pictures I have ever, ever seen. That's right, TWO evers. That is just how adorable my daughter is. I tried to figure out how to post a few, but they are saved in some sort of funky format and couldn't convert them. But I assure you she is an absolute little spit-fire. It appears she has spunk and personality to spare, and the nannies there love her. She loves to sing, socialize, and be in ten places at once - never sitting still. There was a little part about how she will 'beat the other children' when someone takes her toy... Uhhh... we think that may be more of a 'lost in translation' sort of thing, and not necessarily a 'bring out the brass knuckles' sort of thing. We hope? I mean, come on, what 2.5 year old likes to have her toys snatched? I am sure 'beats' is too strong of a word... it does say her sharing has improved! So there is a start.

Man I love you, little Tesfanesh. I can't wait to meet you, even if you do try to lay the smack down on your dad and I.

One more day and we are off. We will make our best efforts to update everyone (or a least a few, who can than update others) while we are away, but it will be spotty at best. Blogger is banned in Ethiopia, so no updating the page. I promise after we are home and our jet-lag has worn off, we will post about our trip and our (surely amazing) daughter. Until then, thank you for making it this far with us.

All our love- Beth, Brad, and Tesfanesh (and Fischer, too!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you. Have a safe and happy trip! Jen, Mitch and Kefelen